Welcome to our most popular questions section for buying a private plate.
It is very likely that any queries you have will be answered here, so please take some time have a read through.
Should you still have any queries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we shall respond, if not within the hour, then by the same day.
- How long does it take to transfer a private plate?
- My V5 vehicle registration document (log book) states that the registration mark is non-transferrable. Can I still transfer a private number plate to my vehicle?
- What happens to the current registration mark when I transfer a new one to my vehicle?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- What happens if I need to tax or re-MOT my vehicle during the transfer of my personalised plate?
- My vehicle’s windows are etched. Does this guarantee the re-assignment of the current registration to my vehicle if I subsequently re-transfer my cherished plate?
- If my vehicle already has a cherished registration number, can I transfer both marks simultaneously?
- I am buying a new, unregistered vehicle. Can I transfer a personal plate straight to it?
- Do my insurers need to know about my new personalised number plate?
- What documents do I need to transfer a new registration mark?
- I would like to do the transfer myself after ordering my personal registration. What happens after I have placed my order?
- Can I put any number plate on my car? (Are there any restrictions?)
- Can I buy a registration as a gift and keep it until I am ready to present it?
- After purchasing a personalised registration, do I have to assign it to a vehicle immediately?