Welcome to our most popular questions section for buying a private plate.
It is very likely that any queries you have will be answered here, so please take some time have a read through.
Should you still have any queries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we shall respond, if not within the hour, then by the same day.
- How long does it take to transfer a private plate?
- My V5 vehicle registration document (log book) states that the registration mark is non-transferrable. Can I still transfer a private number plate to my vehicle?
- What happens to the current registration mark when I transfer a new one to my vehicle?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- What happens if I need to tax or re-MOT my vehicle during the transfer of my personalised plate?
- My vehicle’s windows are etched. Does this guarantee the re-assignment of the current registration to my vehicle if I subsequently re-transfer my cherished plate?
- If my vehicle already has a cherished registration number, can I transfer both marks simultaneously?
- I am buying a new, unregistered vehicle. Can I transfer a personal plate straight to it?
- Do my insurers need to know about my new personalised number plate?
- What documents do I need to transfer a new registration mark?
- I would like to do the transfer myself after ordering my personal registration. What happens after I have placed my order?
- Can I put any number plate on my car? (Are there any restrictions?)
- Can I buy a registration as a gift and keep it until I am ready to present it?
- After purchasing a personalised registration, do I have to assign it to a vehicle immediately?
What payment methods do you accept?
Credit or debit card: You can pay online using most major credit and debit cards.
Google Checkout: Pay securely online using Google’s popular online payment facility.
Paypal: Pay securely online with Paypal. It’s simple to create a Paypal account if you don’t have one. You can also pay by credit and debit cards without having to create a Paypal account.
Pay directly from your Bank or Building Society account: Transferring credit directly to our bank account can be just as quick as paying by credit or debit card. You can make automated bank transfers online via Internet banking, telephone banking or from within your own local branch.
Deposit cash at any Barclays Bank: Deposit cash directly into our bank account via any branch of Barclays Bank using the following payment details:
Bank: Barclays Bank Plc
Account name: "National Numbers" (our affiliates)
Account number: 13065428
Sort code: 05-06-36
Quote the personalised plate you are purchasing as the reference.
Cheques, Postal Orders and Bankers Drafts: Make any of these payable to "National Numbers", our partner and write the registration number plate on the reverse. Following the delay in your payment being received and clearing the bank system (approximately five working days), we will begin processing your order.