Welcome to our most popular general questions on private number plates.
It is very likely that any queries you have will be answered here so please take some time to have a read through.
Should you still have any queries please email us at email@example.com and we shall respond, if not within the hour, then by the same day.
- What are the different styles of registration numbers available?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- What documents do I need to transfer a new registration mark?
- When can I attach the new number plates to my vehicle?
- After purchasing a personalised registration, do I have to assign it to a vehicle immediately?
- Can I buy a registration as a gift and keep it until I am ready to present it?
- Can I put any number plate on my car? (Are there any restrictions?)
- If my vehicle already has a cherished registration number, can I transfer both marks simultaneously?
- Can I transfer my cherished number plate if I change my vehicle?
- I am buying a new, unregistered vehicle. Can I transfer a personal plate straight to it?
- If my vehicle is stolen and not recovered, what happens to my personal registration?
- If my vehicle is “written off”, what happens to my personalised registration?
- If my vehicle is scrapped, what happens to my private registration?
- My vehicle’s windows are etched. Does this guarantee the re-assignment of the current registration to my vehicle if I subsequently re-transfer my cherished plate?
- Do my insurers need to know about my new personalised number plate?
- My V5 vehicle registration document (log book) states that the registration mark is non-transferrable. Can I still transfer a private number plate to my vehicle?
- What happens if I need to tax or re-MOT my vehicle during the transfer of my personalised plate?
- My certificate has expired. What should I do now?
When can I attach the new number plates to my vehicle?
As soon as you receive the replacement tax disc, you should attach the new number plates to your vehicle. You will receive an addressed envelope for the return of the old tax disc. Don’t forget to display the new tax disc. If applicable you will receive a replacement MOT certificate at the same time.