I want to buy a personalised plate as a gift. How do I go about it?
It's very simple! A personalised registration can be supplied on a certificate. This is ideal for a surprise gift and the recipient can assign the new registration number to a vehicle whenever he or she wishes. This is known as a self-transfer. In fact, the recipient does not even need to own a vehicle as the registration can be kept on a certificate indefinitely!
During the order process, you can make any special preferences such as request that we keep the transfer a secret and specify a delivery address if required. Simply search or browse for a personal registration mark, complete the simple order form and proceed to the checkout.
Subsequently, when they're ready to assign to a vehicle, the certificate can be taken or posted, together with a V5C registration document & MOT certificate (if applicable), to a local DVLA office.
Free transfer service: We can complete the transfer for you so as long as you are able to send us the vehicle's documents (V5C registration document and if applicable, the MOT certificate).
Please note; the cost of a self-transfer is exactly the same as that of our own transfer service (our transfer service is free).
- I am new to this. How does it work?
- I have found a number plate on this site. Is it currently available?
- I don't yet have my log book OR a vehicle. Can I still purchase?
- How long will it take to transfer a new registration to my vehicle?
- I want to transfer the registration myself. How do I go about it?
- Can I reserve new registrations before release (15s, 65s, 16s etc…)?
- When can I attach the new number plates to the vehicle?
- I want to buy the physical plastic plates
- More questions »
If you still have a query, please do check the following sections:
Alternatively, please fill out the contact form below or request a call back