I don't yet have my log book OR a vehicle. Can I still purchase?
Yes, you can still purchase a private plate, whether or not you are in possession of a *log book (V5C registration document) or don't even have a vehicle. A private registration number can be purchased and kept indefinitely on a certificate (V750 or V778). You are then free to assign the registration to a vehicle when you are ready.
*In possession of the green tear off slip from the V5C? Although you may be waiting for the replacement V5C registration document from DVLA as the new keeper and only have the green slip from the old one, you can still purchase a new reg in the meantime. When you receive the replacement log book, you are then free to actually assign the new reg to the vehicle.
- I am new to this. How does it work?
- I have found a number plate on this site. Is it currently available?
- I want to buy a personalised plate as a gift. How do I go about it?
- How long will it take to transfer a new registration to my vehicle?
- I want to transfer the registration myself. How do I go about it?
- Can I reserve new registrations before release (15s, 65s, 16s etc…)?
- When can I attach the new number plates to the vehicle?
- I want to buy the physical plastic plates
- More questions »
If you still have a query, please do check the following sections:
Alternatively, please fill out the contact form below or request a call back