Private Number Plate Online Search Tips
How to Get the Most from Our Number Plates Search Engine
To get the most out of your private registration plate search please consider the following points:-
You can search with any combination of words or names. For example:-
- Christian name and surname
- Christian name, middle initial and surname
- Name and a word
- His name and her name
- One or two words
- A single name
Although you are free to search with just one name or one word, you will significantly increase the amount of private registration plate matches if you avoid using a name / word on its own. For example, instead of searching with just “John”, try “John S” or “John Smith”. Even better if you use a middle initial too, for example, “John H Smith”.
Unless you have an unusual name, it’s best to search with your full Christian name and not a nickname since the Plate Master number plate search engine will consider nicknames automatically for you!
If you are having no luck with your search try a different name or an alternative spelling.
Please note that only the following characters are permitted when making a search for a cherished private number plate search:-
- All letters in the English alphabet (A to Z)
- Numbers 0 to 9 - You can use numbers only if you search explicitly for a number plate, for example, A12 ABC and AB 51ABC
- Dash( - ), Apostrophe ( ' ) and Tilde ( ~ )
- Spaces are ignored