Welcome to our most popular questions section for selling a number plate!
It is very likely that any queries you have will be answered here, so please take some time have a read through.
Should you still have any queries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we shall respond, if not within the hour, then by the same day.
- Can I ask for more or less than the valuation figure?
- Is my registration plate eligible for sale?
- My vehicle has no MOT and/or is not currently taxed. Can I sell its registration plate?
- How much is my registration number plate worth?
- How does the transfer process work once a buyer has been found?
- Can I sell my number plate straight away to Plate Master?
- How soon can you find me a buyer?
- How do I sell my registration plate?
- Will I have to pay for a replacement registration for my vehicle?
- Can I choose my vehicle’s replacement registration after the transfer?
- When do I get paid?
- How will I know if a buyer for my registration plate is found?
- How much will Plate Master add on to the agreed return price?
- Can I sell or scrap my vehicle before the sale of my number plate?
- Can I withdraw my number plate from sale?
- Will you request any documents?
- Can I drive my vehicle when the registration is sold / I have sent you my documents?
How much is my registration number worth?
A very popular question! There are several factors that determine the value of a registration number. These include age, rareness, the popularity of a represented name and how well it “reads”, the popularity of initials and the lowness of the number combination (1’s are the most appealing).
Market trends provide a stable guide to the valuation of registration plates and therefore careful comparisons with similar registrations at the time can provide a good indication of the value your registration. There are other factors and for more information please see What's my plate worth?
Please note that we do not offer telephone valuations, though we aim to get back to you within 48 hours from the submission of our online form.